Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Defining.. Service

I was Confused, but not any more.
I became confused when I heard the word "Service"
associated with these agencies:

Internal Revenue ' Service '
U.S. Postal ' Service '
Telephone ' Service '
Cable TV' Service '
Civil ' Service '
State, City, County & Public ' Service '
Customer ' Service '

This is not what I thought ' Service ' meant.

But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to ' Service ' all his cows, and BAM! It all came into focus.
Now I understand what all those agencies are doing to us.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

There are a lot of meaning for the word Service. It can be an organized system of labor. It can be an act of delivering or distributing something. Or it can be an act of help or assistance. But whatever the meaning is, for me service means to serve. As far as I've known, these agencies are really doing their best just to provide us the service that we deserve. Maybe some other are not. But one thing's for sure, service is really important in our daily lives. Like customer service in different companies and call centers. It is so important for them to generate more income and to gain people's trust.